Anthony F. Caffrey III
Cardelli Lanfear, P.C.
322 W. Lincoln
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Tel: 248-544-1100, ext 2075
Anthony Caffrey is a litigator, with extensive appellate and trial court experience. His focus is on appeals, insurance coverage, and major motion research/writing. To date, Anthony has been involved in 150+ appellate matters in the Michigan Court of Appeals, Michigan Supreme Court, and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He has experience in a wide-variety of practice areas, such as personal injury defense, commercial disputes, construction law, manufacturing law, insurance coverage, product liability, employment law, toxic tort (asbestos), nuclear waste disposal issues, and appellate law.
Anthony is admitted in Michigan, Georgia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan; the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Recent Appellate Victories:
- Victor A Pennell v HTA Companies Inc. (interlocutory review granted)
- Robert Hernandez Jr v David George Hires (summary disposition affirmed)
- Mich. Dep’t of Transportation v National Interstate Insurance Co (interlocutory review granted and (reversal in favor of client)
- Julie A Bolen v Marada Industries Inc (interlocutory review granted)
- Keith Bronner v City Of Detroit (reversal in favor of client)
- Thomas Composto v Philip Albrecht (interlocutory review granted) and (partial reversal and remand in favor of client)
- Caleb Griffin v Swartz Ambulance Service (summary disposition affirmed)
- Stefanie Jackson v Spartan Barricading (reversal in favor of client)
- Banaszak v. Northwest Airlines,477 Mich. 895; 722 N.W.2d 433 (2006)
- Richardson v. Rockwood Center, 275 Mich. App. 244; 737 N.W.2d 801 (2007)
- Bosanic v. Motz Development, Inc., 277 Mich App 277; 745 N.W.2d 513 (2007)
- Latham v. Barton Malow Co., 480 Mich 105; 746 N.W.2d 868 (2008)
- Terlecki v. Silver Lake Property Assn., 278 Mich App 644; 754 N.W.2d 899 (2008)
- MDMBNA v. Mich. Cemetery Ass’n, 524 F.3d 726 (6th Cir. 2008)
- Shawl v. Spence Brothers, Inc., 280 Mich. App. 213; 760 N.W.2d 674 (2008)
- Dreyer v Exel Indus, SA, 326 Fed Appx 353 (6th Cir. 2009)
- Romain v. Frankenmuth Mut. Ins. Co., 483 Mich. 18; 762 N.W.2d 911 (2009)
- Sholberg v. Truman, 498 Mich. 1; 852 N.W.2d 89 (2014)
- Composto v. Albrecht, __ Mich. __; __ N.W.2d __ (2019)
- Numerous unpublished and unreported appellate matters.
- Article: Distinguished Brief, 31 W. Mich. U. T.M. Cooley L. Rev. 111 (2014)
- “Reconsidering MCR 2.119(F)(3)”; Michigan Appellate Practice Journal, Spring 2011, Vol. 15, No. 1.
- “Defense Research Institute’s Covered Events: One-Year Tolling Back Provision, Analysis of Devillers v. Auto Club Insurance Association,” 473 Mich 562 (2005), August 2005.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in Michigan Super Lawyers, 2019-2021
Our appellate team handles appeals in numerous different venues, including:
- Appeals from the Michigan circuit courts to the MI Court of Appeals
- Appeals to the Michigan Supreme Court from the MI Court of Appeals
- Appeals to the Sixth Circuit of Appeals from the US district courts
- Appeals from administrative agencies and district courts to the Michigan circuit courts
The subject matter of these appeals is too broad to be fully described, including matters such as commercial law, personal injury/negligence, product liability, family law, intellectual property, insurance coverage, and construction law.
We are proud to report that our appellate successes are as impressive as our record of success at the trial court level. If you have questions or concerns regarding appeals, contact us today. We have helped many clients in this matter.
Cardelli Lanfear P.C., founded in 1991 by managing partner, Thomas Cardelli, recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. The firm is based in Royal Oak, Michigan, a close suburb of Detroit, and our attorneys practice throughout the State of Michigan regularly, as well as handle litigation throughout the United States, Mexico and Europe.
Cardelli Lanfear is a firm known for its trial lawyers. Its attorneys, however, bring a broad spectrum of talent and expertise to the firm—in areas as diverse as commercial, personal injury, products liability, insurance defense, automobile negligence, toxic tort/environmental, employment, intellectual property, insurance coverage, subrogation matters and appellate law. All members of the firm are admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Michigan, and some members are admitted in other jurisdictions, such as Ohio, Illinois, and other federal jurisdictions.
Cardelli Lanfear P.C. provides a standard of legal representation that is not always available from other firms of similar size. The firm is committed to delivering high quality professional services in an efficient and cost effective manner and they work closely with clients to achieve these results.